Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Review: UNT Ideal Glow Powder Foundation

Herro there, today I have a review on a powder foundation by UNT a Taiwan based company that make great skin care and makeup. Ideal Glow is a waterproof, oil free, anti-aging compact powder. This powder is formulated to be sweat proof  and weightless feeling on the skin. The powder is very soft and light. This is very bendable and feels light and silky on the skin.  This is available at ShopUNT.com for 21.99. You get 12g of product and it will last a long time.

The powders are imprinted with the UNT brand on top and it comes packaged in a sleek white and black compact with a decent size mirror. I like the packaging, it is very classic and sturdy. The compact can withstand damage, I've dropped my compact a couple of times and it hasn't broken. 
 
This is marketed to be waterproof and have anti-aging and care against hyper pigmentation. I find this to be great at being "waterproof" my makeup is till on at the end of the day and it doesn't fade away. I use this religiously during the summer because it holds up so well.  As for Hyper pigmentation I haven't really noticed any change, but that could also be because I have recurring acne and scars so if it fade any of my old scars my new ones just replaced it. So I don't have any marker to tell if it helped. 
Ideal Glow comes in 5 shades the lightest being Snow H05 and Golden H20 being the darkest. The color range is very limited, This is great for people who are NC/NW 35 and lower any darker and these will not be compatible with deep skin tone. H20 Golden is the perfect color for me and I range from an NC30-35. Golden is a perfect match to NC 30, but when I'm NC 35 in the summer I have to use a bronzer to darken it just a bit.
I have two of the shades available, Snow and Golden. My cousin introduced me to this brand and bought me my first compact. Golden, I have repurchased and I'm still using my first Snow.
 This powder is medium coverage and can be full with more layers but what I like is that it blurs the appearance of acne/acne scars. It neutralizes the redness so it looks less apparent. 

Here is Snow, this is a very light powder way too light for my skin but it makes for a great matte highlighter. I like to apply this to the tops of my cheeks, bridge of my nose and then take Golden and blend it all together to get that really natural subtle highlighted effect.
Swatch: Top, Golden. Bottom, Snow
Overall great powder foundation, perfect for an active person because it is sweat-proof, great for summertime and places that are humid and hot. I took it to Vegas and it held up great!

No comments: