Monday, January 30, 2012

Review: Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Shadow Creme

Today I have a review on Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Shadow Creme. These are $18.50 each, available at any Estee Lauder Counter and online.  I have two of the ten shades available. Antique Gold and Lilac Petals.
 
The Packaging of these shadows is very chic and luxurious. It is in a glass jar that has feel good in the hand. The cap is a reflective gold color that is a magnetic for finger prints but very pretty to look at.

Antique Gold: is my favorite of the two, it is a brownish gold, almost bronze. This is great on its own and some mascara, or it makes for a great color base for a brown or bronze smokey eye.
Lilac Petals: A light lavender color with gold shimmer. This one is very pretty in the pot but not so much on the eyes. With one layer it is very sheer and unimpressive. I tried layering this one and it did not work so well. It became blotchy and didn't apply very nicely.
These cream eye shadow are very smooth and creamy. These smooth on to the lid and blend out very easily.  The creme are very long lasting and do not require a primer underneath. The creme last all day on my oily lids.  Antique gold is very build-able in color and doesn't crease at all. Lilac Petals is equally long lasting but its only good with one layer, adding multiple layers makes the product blotchy and uneven.
I think theses  are great products and a nice for easy application and for a quick eye look.  The 18.50 price mark is a little high but I like the product enough to justify it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw these at a CCO in Gilroy but decided I really don't wear eyeshadow enough, have you tried the Maybelline Color Tattoo cream shadows?

Ashley said...

aww, no I haven't, every time I go the colors I want are sold out :(