Friday, January 4, 2013

Review: Tart Amazonian Clay 12-hour blush: Peaceful, Exposed

 Today I want to share my newest addiction, my Amazonian clay blushes from Tarte! I have heard so many good things about these blushes that I wanted to try them. These retail for 25$ a piece and are available at Ulta, Sephora, and Tarte.com
The colors I have are Peaceful which I got in an old collection a long time ago and Exposed, on recommendation from one of my favorite YouTube bloggers, Jen frmheadtotoe.
These blushes are long lasting and highly pigmented and I love these. These are infused with amazonian clay and are formulated to benefit the skin. I'm happy that Tarte did that and made a product with the consumer in mind but in all reality the skin benefits this blush has is not that effective.
 I really like the packaging of this product. The exterior colors correspond with the interior product which makes it really easy to find and identify certain colors. The product itself is embossed beautifully with Tarte's symbol.  

 Peaceful
This is a warn soft peach shade with subtle gold shimmer. I love this color. On light medium skin tones with a yellow undertones a peachy color blush looks beautiful and this blush gives my skin a beautiful wash of color and pretty golden sheen. This blush is shimmery but it just makes the skin look glowy and healthy. 

 Exposed
As this picture shows I have given this blush a run for its money, I practicably used this religiously for 5 months.  This is a matte nude pink blush, it is a gorgeous color that I found to be a great blush and contour color. I purchased this blush because one of my favorite bloggers recommendation this for a blush and contour high-bred product and I can not agree more. This is a  beautiful mauve pink with brown in it so it acts as a great contour color for my skin tone and I love using this. 
Exposed is on the left and Peaceful on the right.
On me this blush lasts a very long time, I have oily skin so blushes tend to fade away through out the day but these lasted all day and still looked great. I don't think that this will really last 12 hour on the skin and I have no intention of trying that out but this is most defiantly a long lasting blush.
Overall these blushed are worth the money. These are one of my favorite blushes in my collection. They are highly pigmented, long lasting and exceptional quality. These are staple blushes in my collection and are used on the daily. 

No comments: