Sunday, June 26, 2011

Limited Edition: Gold Mine Sonia Kashk's brush set

Hi I'm here with a brush set review on Sonia Kashk's Limited Edition Gold Mine available at Target and is currently on Clearance for 12.00 (50%). I'm glad I was able to snatch it up for only 12, because this set is not worth full price. I say this because I already have quite a few brushes in my collection and I own better quality ones. However, if you do not have many brushes I think this is a great way to try out different types of brushes for minimal amounts of money. I think my favorite part of the whole set was the clutch lol.

It comes with one wicker design clutch and 7 brushes. The clutch is a nice addition to the set and ties in with the beachy, summer feel of the collection. It is nice and sturdy and would be great to use as a summer accessory to a night out.
 
The brushes are packaged in a wood like material for the handles and gold trim for the ferrule and end. They have some weight to them, not a lot, but enough to know that your holding something.
(in order of the picture) The set comes with a medium size powder brush. The bristles are nice and soft. Following is an interesting foundation/concealer brush. It is a tapered dome shape which makes it interesting. This type of base brush is good for buffing the product into the skin, however because of the size it is inconvenient for foundation but is great for concealer. Next is a fluffy dome blending brush.  In size and shape I think it looks like the MAC 224 brush. Then there is a standard eyeshadow shader brush, great for packing on the color. Then an angled eyeliner/brow brush. Next a very dense brush, which I have no idea what it is for. And then a small smugger brush.
Though this set comes with a nice selection of brushes, the brush quality is a little lacking. The brushes are not the softest and are a little on the stiff side. Its not unbearable to use nor uncomfortable but they are certainly not going to replace any of my favorite brushes, accept for the fluffy blending brush, which I really do like.

No comments: