Monday, May 30, 2011

Best summertime Facial Sunscreen

The Neutrogena ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 70 is by far my favorite facial sunscreen.
It is a light weight non greasy feeling sunscreen that does not break me out. I like to put this on after my moisturizer and let it absorb into my skin for at least 5 minutes before I do any other makeup. I doesn't make me excessively greasy or make my face feel heavy. At first I was a little worried that it would leave a white cast on my face because the SPF is so high but it surprisingly didn't and it blended right into my skin in seconds. The consistency of the sun screen is of a watered down cream. It is one of the thicker sunscreens I've tried but it is easily bendable and dries to a matte finish, perfect for people with combo to oily skin.


This is also waterproof and sweat proof so it is a perfect sunscreen for the  really hot summer days. This is does have a slight fragrance, but it mostly smells like regular old sunscreen.  This provide protection from both UVA and UVB rays. This retails for about 9-11 dollars depending where you get it. I however got my at Costco last summer, two for $14. Even though it is about a year old it still in the same condition as it was last year. It hasn't developed any discoloration or smell.

For me this is a summer must have and I never step outside of my house without this on :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've heard a ton about this sunblock, kind of reluctant to try it though since it has oxybenzone (kind of a toxic ingredient), I prefer the Shiseido Extra Smooth sunblock as of now. It's expensive but it's not like I ever use up a full bottle of sunblock before it expires anyway, lol